Sunday 4 October 2015

Picnic Potato and Chicken Salad

Now, I have to admit. I'm not much of a cook. That's not to say I can't cook, it's just I live on my own so I don't really have the incentive to spend much time in the kitchen.

I do like to cook - especially when I visit with my sister and her kids. I like to get in the kitchen with them and see what we come up.

But, this is one recipe that I keep coming back to. Over and over. Even just for myself! It's a great recipe for all times of the year.




Total Time: 1 hr 5 min, Prep: 20 min, Inactive: 15 min, Cook: 30 min, 
Yield: 6 to 8 servings, Level: Easy

Ingredients
4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (6-ounce) skinless chicken breast
3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons American mustard
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1 teaspoon celery salt
Chili flakes to taste

Directions
Place potatoes on a sheet tray, toss with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan cover chicken with water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Poach until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from poaching liquid, let cool for a bit, and cut chicken into cubes.

In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, chicken and bacon with the celery, onions, and garlic. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, parsley, celery salt and freshly ground black pepper and chili flakes, to taste. Mix until well combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment